Comprehensive Guide: How To Make Cannabis Gummies At Home
Remember those dark days when you had to bend over backward to get cannabis edibles and only ended up eating them under the radar? Well, that is a thing of the past now. Consider them the wild wild west of cannabis consumption. Today you can buy a whole selection of cannabis edibles in the open, and no one will think to judge or arrest you for it if done legally. So time to show you… how to make cannabis gummies at home
So we here at USAWeed.org have another great recipe for our Cooking with Cannabis section for you do it yourselvers in the kitchen.
Cannabis gummies are wildly celebrated now and you can make your own at home during your free time or when you need an energy boost. They are a flavorful and palatable way of consuming cannabis to experience all its amazing health and recreational benefits.
Maybe you want to make your own cannabis gummies at home because you can’t seem to find your ideal product on the market? Or perhaps you want to get the best out of the top-shelf bud that you recently bought? Either way, this guide will teach you to step-by-step until you master the simple skill of marking the perfect gummies at home.
What Are Cannabis Gummies?
Cannabis gummies are edible candies that are infused with a cannabis active ingredient, whether THC or CBD. They are available in numerous colors, shapes, and flavors to mask the unpleasant aftertaste of cannabis.
Gummies are quickly taking their position as the most preferred way of consuming cannabis and it’s pretty obvious why. They provide an accurate dosage, so you’re able to control your cannabis intake. In addition, gummies provide long-lasting effects, and you can expect them to last for up to 4 hours or more.
Why Make Your Own Cannabis Gummies At Home?
There are many ways of consuming cannabis, from smoking, vaping, adding cannabis oil in salads and soups, creams, balms, tinctures. However, gummies provide the easiest and most convenient way to consume cannabis. All you have to do is chew the sweet candy and not worry about any smoke or vapor, or the smell sticking to your clothing.
Once you introduce gummies into your body, the cannabinoids must first pass through the digestive system and liver before being absorbed into the bloodstream and brain. The onset of effects can take anywhere between 30-60 minutes. The peak is felt after about 2-4 hours, and the effects can last for up to 12 hours. Sometimes, the residual effects can persist for 24 hours.
The Easiest Way To Make Cannabis Gummies At Home
The truth is, you will find numerous DIY cannabis gummy recipes available online. However, this guide is made simple, so you’ll only require the ingredients readily available at home.
Step 1: Decarboxylate Your Flower
The most crucial step that should never be missed when making any cannabis edibles is decarboxylating your cannabis flower.
Raw cannabis flower contains CBD and THC in their inactive forms CBDA and THCA. These forms are acidic and have an extra carboxyl ring that prevents the compounds from interacting normally with our CB1 and CB2 receptors. For instance, THCA is too big to fit into the CB1 receptors to deliver a euphoric high.
Decarboxylation activates CBDA and THCA by eliminating the extra carboxyl ring to transform them into CBD and THC.
Decarboxylation involves applying low heat slowly to ensure the cannabinoids are activated and not burnt.
- All you need to do is pre-heat your oven to 220-240 degrees Celsius.
- Next, spread a foil over a baking sheet, grind your buds, and lay them over the foil.
- Spread out the ground buds to avoid overlapping and lightly cover them with another piece of foil.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and take it out after about 35-40 minutes.
- Make sure to stay alert and monitor this process so your buds don’t burn.
Step 2: Infusing Your Oil
After decarboxylation, the next step is to infuse some oil with cannabis.
- Slowly heat about a cup of coconut oil in a saucepan up to 130-150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the decarboxylated buds into the oil and let the mixture simmer for approximately 3 hours.
- Once the timer goes off, it’s time to strain the mixture. Lay a funnel on top of a jar and spread cheesecloth over it. Carefully strain the liquid over the cheesecloth into the jar.
Step 3: Making Cannabis Gummies
- 1.5 cups of cold water
- 1.5 teaspoons sunflower
- About 85g packet of flavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- 1.5 cups of the cannabis-infused oil
Note: the mixture should not boil at any point. Only let it simmer. Remember that high temperatures will evaporate the flavorsome terpenes.
- Set your stove on and ensure that it is on low heat
- Pour the water and sunflower into a pot and put it on the stove.
- Whisk the mixture gently until it creates a consistent texture.
- Add the flavored and unflavored gelatin into the mixture and keep whisking until all of the gelatin is dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and add your cannabis-infused oil. Stir gently to ensure all oil is evenly distributed in the solution.
- Using an appropriate pipette or dropper, fill each cavity in your gummy mold. Fill quickly so that the solution doesn’t cool and start separating.
- Place the mold on a baking sheet and put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, remove your gummies from the mold and put them in an airtight container. Store the container in the fridge and consume the gummies for approximately ten days.
There you have it! Cannabis gummies are one of the most popular marijuana edibles. They are fast acting, delicious, and discreet, unlike most other edibles. Pre-made cannabis gummies are easy to find in dispensaries, but making weed gummies at home has many benefits and it is very easy to do.
You can also get more creative with the flavors than what you can find pre-made. It’s important to understand the basics of weed gummies, including how to make them, in order to make the best homemade cannabis gummies. Have fun and enjoy!